Thursday, November 21, 2013

Interview with Queen Liliuokalani

Q: Hi Ms. Liliuokalani, For those of you who don’t know Ms. Liliuokalani she is the Queen of Hawaii during this hard time. As you all know Hawaii is on the verge of being annexed, which is why I am interviewing Ms. Liliuokalani about her feelings. But first let’s get started with your background. Where were you born and can you just give us a general background?

A: Yes, Thank you for the introduction Mr. I was born on the island of  Honolulu to high chief Kapaakea and the chiefess Keohokalole, as the third of ten children. I was adopted at birth by Abner Paki and my mom Konia. I was then enrolled in Royal School. There I became fluent in English and was influenced by Congregational missionaries. I also became part of the royal circle attending Kamehameha IV and Queen Emma.

Q: How did you become the queen in the first place?

A: Through a series of events in which my  brother and father died.

Q: can you give me some background as to why the US wants to annex Hawaii?

A: Well It all started when I created a new constitution for our republic. This angered the United States and they sent in their own constitutional government to take over. They sent in an army and set up an embassy with its own constitutional government and kicked me off of my throne.

Q: How did you feel about this and the more recent Annexation.

A: Well at first I was bitter and they even offered me my throne back. I considered not taking it on the notion that I would have to maintain peace with the US but eventually my people needed me to defend them so I took the throne once again.

Q: well what about the annexation

A: I absolutely hated it at first and got arrested for hiding a weapons cache just in case of a rebellion or takeover. Eventually I was released a year later. By that time I had no power and all I seek to do after this recent act of Annexation is to relax and be more of a spiritual and moral leader.


Q: well thanks I think that’s all the time we have for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment